Saturday 20 August 2016

I'm Back!

It's been a while. There's been no huge single reason why I haven't updated in such a long time, though I've been happily immersed in other projects since then (I'll come to that in a bit) and I definitely found that 'Epilogue' was a lot easier to manage when not in full-time employment and all the jazz.

The main reason I've decided to start this back up again is simply that I was reading through some of the old posts and remembered how this blog was a fun sort of "practice ground" for writing. Also I had a few ideas for posts that I quite liked... and, of course, a series of careful and lengthy ruminations led me to the conclusion that was the Internet really needs right now is more content.

Speaking of content (and let's stop using that word in that way, even ironically)... one of the projects I've been immersed in since this blog ceased posting to you, my non-existent reader, has been the album released under my noise-making moniker Mute Branches that was kindly put out by the Bricolage Collective -- a Glasgow-based collective gathering talented musicians from around the world. It's called Fake Real Warm, and can be checked out below!


One new feature I'm going to be starting up is called 'Prologue', in which I'll look at debuts / early works that I find are overlooked, unique, or maybe simply interesting to write about and examine in the context of an artist's later work. The first of these will be up very shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment